Wee-Ball & T-Ball
Teams in the Wee-Ball and T-Ball Divisions do not take part in the tryout/evaluation days. Their teams will be formed and the Coaches will contact you immediately. They will provide you with information about uniforms and scheduled once they are released.
Coach Pitch (7-8yr olds) through Senior League (13-16yr olds)
Player must participate in one of the 2 evaluation days. NO PLAYER will be cut and ALL players will be placed on a team that is not on a waiting list and participates in evaluations. Evaluations are to help MLL have the most competitive experience for your player.
If your player cannot make it to evaluations there is a chance they will not be placed on a team so you must contact the Vice Presidents as soon as you know to make them aware of the absences. Baseball (Eric Croft) & Softball (Randy Ferree).
Recommended equipment needed for evaluations:
(If your player does not have this equipment on the day of evaluation they will be allowed to borrow equipment.)
What will take place on the day of Tryouts/Evaluations?
1. Registrations will take place at the Field 1 concessions stand
2. You will be directed to which field your player will be playing on.
3. Your player will participate in a few rounds of drills that will include basic fundamentals.
Drills may include but are not limited to:
1. Grounders hit off of a bat to and infield position where they will they throw to first base
2. Pop-ups will be thrown from home plate to an infield position
3. Short throws from the plate to the player placed at the pitcher's mound
4. Player will be given 5-6 pitches to hit
5. On the last pitch the player will be run to first base to evaluate speed
Parents will be contacted by their teams manager (Head Coach) as soon as they have the teams formed. They will provide you with any information pertaining to uniforms, practice/game schedules, and fundraising opportunities.
Jerseys are provided to all leagues and Hats are provided to baseball ONLY. This is due to Softball players rarely using them due to protective facemasks and they usually wear REALLY big bows in their hair. Fees are the same for softball because the cost of softball equipment is higher than that of baseball.